Activities in Forstau
Summer as well as winter
- Horse-riding on the route network of the „Dachstein-Tauern ride“ (covering a total of 200 km at an altitude of between 850 and 2000 metres) which has plenty of adventure on offer. The riding route network also runs through Forstau too of course.
- The Bachweg trail is not just a lovely path to hike and walk on in Forstau, it also has a Kneipp path with various Kneipp stations and is an extremely interesting and informative herbal educational trail.
- Guided snow-show hikes are organised by our sports shop in Forstau. Every Wednesday you go on snow-shoes to places which you wouldn’t normally be able to get to in winter.
- Every Thursday there is a curling-evening for all guest at the "Winklhütte" at 7.00pm. Tel: 0043/ 6454/ 69990.
It is not just in Forstau that you can get active …
There is a lot on offer in the region:
- Rafting along the Enns with „Dachstein Tauern Adventure“ and „Best Adventure Company“ in Schladming
- High ropes course in Flachau with „Adventure Center Flachau“ and the forest high ropes course forest park in Ramsau on the Dachstein
- Paragliding with Flugschule Aufwind in Ramsau on the Dachstein
- Mountain biking on numerous mountain bike routes throughout the region. „Planai Bike Park“ in Schladming
- Mountaineering and climbing in the Dachstein area
- „Golfclub Radstadt“: surrounded by a unique mountain backdrop between forests and a medieval city panorama you get to play golf on a challenging 18-hole tournament course.
- „Tauern Golf- & Country Club“ in Schladming. The 18-hole course has had the “Leading Golf Courses Austria" seal of approval since January 1999 – that is, it is one of the elite Austrian golf courses.
- 1st Austrian organic golf course at Kobaldhof in Ramsau on the Dachstein. 10-hole golf course with covered driving range.